name : Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Fellowship For Research In Social Sciences
details : A fellowship scheme by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for Single Girl Child for research in Social Sciences
with an aim to compensate for direct costs of higher education, especially for such girls who happen to be the
only girl child in their family.
The objectives of the proposed scheme are:
1. To support the higher education of single girl child in Social Sciences.
2. To recognize the value of observance of the small family norms.
3. To recognize the norm of single girl child in society.
benefits : The financial assistance available under the scheme is as follows:
1. Fellowship @ ₹25,000/- per month for the Initial two years; @ Rs. 28,000/- per month for the remaining tenure.
2. Contingency @ ₹10,000/- per annum for initial two years; @ Rs. 20,500/- per annum for remaining tenure.
3. Escort Reader Assistance @ ₹2,000/- per month in case of PWD candidates.
eligibilty :1. Any single girl child of her parents pursuing a Ph.D. in Social Sciences in Universities/Colleges/ Institutes
is eligible to apply under the scheme. In a family, if one son and one daughter are available then the girl
child will not be considered for fellowship under the scheme.
2. The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has registered herself in regular, full-time Ph. D.
program in Social Sciences in Indian Universities/Colleges/Institutes as indicated below:
Universities/Colleges/Institutes included under section 2(f) and 12(b) of UGC Act, 1956.
Deemed to be Universities under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 which are eligible to
receive grants in aid from UGC.
Universities/Colleges/Institutes funded by Central/ State Govt.